Hey Dreamer, Time to Move Your Business Idea Forward
You’ve thought about this amazing idea for a business for months maybe even years and you’re REALLY ready to put yourself out there and make it happen. It’s super exciting (scary) to be a daredevil. I triple dog dare you to do it!
But first, you need to do the “boring” I mean foundational research that gives you the confidence that this idea of your’s will make you money and grow into a thriving company.
You know, the kind where you can pay yourself and hopefully some employees well enough to afford a place where they can adopt a SUPER cute shelter animal!
Here are 18 ways to Validate this Great Idea of Yours
- Run a contest, sweepstake or Give-a-way possible on an ideal social platform, Amazon.com also has this feature on every product.
- Partner with a complementary business, offer a special on your products or service. How much interest did you create?
- Call 50 potential customer. Did you have any nibbles?
- Contact your bank, are they willing to lend you money for start-up costs?
- How much will it cost you to get started? How much revenue would you need to create to cover your monthly expenses plus taxes? Is your market large enough to accommodate your overhead and be profitable?
- Connect with others that have created a business like you want to create. Ask how long it took to get their business going. Costs, competition, licensing and insurance needed. It might turn you off.
- Upload Videos that help your ideal audience. Does engagement give you pause or confidence that you’re on to something?
- Book some speaking gigs. Local Chambers of Commerce, Rotary Clubs, and business meet up groups can help you gauge how successful you could be.
- Start blogging & guest posting. Engagement is key, if you get hits you may have a great idea and should continue to move forward.
- Create a business Facebook page. Can you create a buzz of fans who are excited about you opening?
- Offer 15-minute consults. Can you get potential customers to book and do those consults lead to potential sales?
- Set-up a landing page to create a buzz. Make it easy for users to sign-up for your e-mail marketing campaign. How many people can you get signed-up?
- No time like the present to run advertising on social media. Direct ads to your landing page, FB Page or Group. Is that community growing and engaging? Will they part with money to do business with you?
- Start a group or Mastermind. Nothing like getting your name know and starting to grow your authority in your industry. After nurturing your audience did you find potential customers excited for you to open your doors?
- Join groups filled with your potential customers. Don’t sell people, just answer questions, engage with the community and learn from their pain points. Does your product or service solve it? Maybe it’s time to open your doors.
- Webinars are a great real-time way to attract and interact with would be customers. Are customers asking where to buy at the end?
- Offer free samples or services. Gain feedback and make adjustments based on their feedback. Gaining testimonials and market needs means you’ll know your business will have income.
- The last one, having a business card doesn’t validate your business. Paying customers do, Start there and you’ll be up and running in no time.
We would love for you to add to the conversation by commenting below with how you knew your business idea would succeed.